Notice on Soliciting the Topics for the Project of Writing on China by Foreigners in 2020: A Community of Shared Future for Humanity in the Fight against the Pandemic
The purpose of the Project of Writing on China by Foreigners is to enable overseas sinologists, writers, media workers, academics and celebrities to have the opportunity to share their interest in the Chinese culture. They are welcome to tell the stories of China in their own languages and expressions. To help forge the community of shared future for humanity in the fight against the global pandemic of covid-19, the Secretariat of the Project of Writing on China by Foreigners is now soliciting topics for the Project in 2020, i.e. A Community of Shared Future for Humanity in the Fight against the Pandemic. The notice on the matters related to the soliciting are as follows:
1. Contents. The focus of the soliciting is on the outstanding performance of Chinese people from all walks of life in fighting the pandemic, and on China’s international exchange and cooperation in the global efforts of pandemic prevention and control. With the soliciting, we can see the positive role of the community of shared future for humanity in the face of this sudden pandemic, as China takes its own responsibility in maintaining global public health security. Hopefully some innovative topics about the community of shared future for humanity can be found in different perspectives and areas, as we find the notion highly relevant in today’s era.
2. Basic requirements. The topics selected for the project should be consistent with China’s mainstream culture, be oriented towards solving problems, demonstrate innovation, and meet the needs of local markets in various countries. The topics selected for the project should catch up with the latest development of the global fight against the pandemic, and the wording should be scientific-based, rigorous, standard, concise,and vivid, so as to ensure the objectivity, standardization and readability.
3. The candidate group and number of topics. We’d like to solicit the topics mainly from non-Chinese writers, media workers, academics as well as overseas sinologists, and domestic and foreign publishing houses. As for the topic soliciting from publishing houses, the authors should the fall into the above-mentioned categories. In principle, an individual can apply for no more than 2 topics, and a publishing house can apply for no more than 5 topics.
4. Generation and submission of topics. We encourage well-known overseas writers, academics, and celebrities to put forward valuable topics that carry weight. The Topic Selection Form of the Project of Writing on China by Foreigner: A Community of Shared Future for Humanity in the Fight against the Pandemic must be filled in.
5. Evaluation and adoption of topics. The Secretariat will mobilize experts in related fields to anonymously evaluate the solicited topics and shortlist the topics based on the vote of the experts. The Secretariat will reward the outstanding topics in the shortlist and incorporate them in the “Database of Project of Writing on China by Foreigners ”. All the topics submitted by individuals that have been formally incorporated in the database will be put into the publishing incubation. An open bidding for publishers will be conducted globally.
6. Time of submission and specific arrangements. Individual or organization applicants must fill in the application form for topic selection and then send it to the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org during the period from the release of the notice to May 31. Applicants can download the application form at the CCTSS official website www.cctss.org.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact the Secretariat.
Contact person: Zhang Wenjing
Secretariat of the Project of Writing on China by Foreigners
March 23, 2020
Topic Selection Form of the Project of Writing on China by Foreigner Application Download:
Topic Selection Form of the Project of Writing on China by Foreigner Application.docx